The Loaves and Fishes Community of the Diocese of Trenton serves meals on the last two Saturdays of every month all year long at St. Mary's Cathedral in Trenton. Our Lady of Sorrows - St. Anthony hosts the meal approximately once a year. This year, we are hosting on Saturday, June 25, and will be serving dinner for more than 600 guests.
OLS School PTA provides the supplies for bagged lunches, which we assemble the Friday before (this year, June 24th) beginning at 6:00 pm in the school cafeteria. Volunteers are needed for this event. In addition, we really need volunteers to serve at the Cathedral on Saturday!
Can you spare just a few hours out of one day to serve Jesus?
There are several ways you can help. You can work behind the scenes in the kitchen, or serve the guests directly, and several time slots are available. We still need:
- 10 helpers to serve bagels and coffee at St. Mary's from 9:00 to 11:00 am.
- 10 helpers to prepare the meal and work in the kitchen from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 30 helpers to serve the dinner guests from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm.
- 5 helpers to serve at the second station in the cafeteria from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
- 6 helpers to prep the dessert from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- 10 helpers to clean the kitchen from noon to 1:30 pm
- 10 helpers to clean the cafeteria and fold the tables from 12:30 to 1:30 pm
Does your child need service hours? This is a great way to earn them!
Is transportation an issue for you? Car pooling for adults is available.
To volunteer or arrange transportation, contact Cheryl Uhaze (588-0890 or