Ministries of lay leadership and stewardship include:
- The Pastoral Council—an advisory council that provides the pastor with a sounding board that reflects the parish.
- The Finance Council—appointed and accountable to the pastor, the Finance Council advises the pastor on the development and management of the parish's financial resources, so that the parish may effectively pursue its proper mission of spreading Christ's Gospel and love.
- The PTA—the Parent Teacher Association for Our Lady of Sorrows School.
- The School Board—an advisory board that helps develop a long term plan, establish annual goals, adopts and monitors the budget, reviews policies and procedures, addresses facility needs, and promotes marketing and public relations.
- Building & Maintenance Volunteers—these volunteers offer their time, talent, and muscle to keep the buildings in good shape and assist in the heavy lifting involved in many of the decorating projects.
- The Collection Counters—these volunteers offer their time once a week to open envelopes, record offerings, and tally up the weekly collection.